IMLS on Twitter
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is on Twitter! Follow us at www.twitter.com/US_IMLS.
Twitter Use Policy
(1) General Policy. The Institute of Museum and Library Services ("IMLS") manages its Twitter Feed (at the username US_IMLS) to provide a forum for improving communications with libraries, museums, and the general public. The feed will share information on IMLS activities, resources, and other information relevant to museums and libraries. This Twitter use policy is subject to amendment or modification at any time to ensure the Twitter’s continued use is consistent with its intended purpose.
(2) Following Policy. The IMLS Twitter feed is available for users of Twitter to follow. At this time, the IMLS Twitter feed (at the username US_IMLS) will follow the Twitter feeds of federal agencies and state library agencies at our discretion.
(3) Product References by IMLS Twitter. Any references to commercial entities, products, services, or other nongovernmental organizations or individuals that are included on the IMLS Twitter feed are provided solely for the information of individuals using this Twitter. These references are not intended to reflect the opinion of IMLS, the United States Government (Government), or its officers or employees concerning the significance, priority, or importance to be given the referenced entity, product, service, or organization. Such references are not an official or personal endorsement of any product, person, or service, and may not be quoted or reproduced for the purpose of stating or implying IMLS or Government endorsement or approval of any product, person, or service.
(4) Records Management. The IMLS Twitter feed and its posts are subject to IMLS’ records maintenance and disposition system.
(5) Linking Policy. The IMLS Twitter feed may include useful hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations. All hypertext links must conform to all points in Section 6. The IMLS Twitter feed provides these links and pointers solely for the Twitter users' information and convenience.
When a user selects a link to an outside website, he/she is leaving Twitter and is subject to the privacy and security policies of the owner/sponsor of the outside website. Hyperlinks to information created and maintained by other public and private organizations should not be construed as an endorsement of the views or privacy policies contained on those linked pages.
a. IMLS does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
b. IMLS does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites, and does not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
c. IMLS cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website. Those who provide comments are responsible for the copyright of the text they provide.
d. IMLS is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
e. IMLS does not guarantee that outside websites comply with Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
(6) Copyright Information. Links to the IMLS Twitter feed are welcomed. Unless a copyright is indicated, information on the IMLS Twitter feed is in the public domain and may be copied and distributed without permission. Citation to the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) as the source of the information is appreciated.
If a copyright is indicated on a video, photo, graphic, or other material, permission to copy the material must be obtained from the original source.
(7) Public Affairs. If you would like verification or a transcript of information released on the IMLS Twitter feed or if you have any questions or comments about the information presented, please contact IMLS’s Office of Communications and Government Affairs (OCGA). Reporters must submit questions to OCGA through normal query channels and refrain from submitting questions on wikis as comments. IMLS will not post questions from reporters. OCGA may be contacted at 202-653-4757.
The IMLS Twitter Feed is unable to post comments from children under the age of 13 due to the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA).
The Office of Communications and Government Affairs (OCGA) manages the IMLS Twitter feed as a portal for information from the Institute of Museum and Library Services. However, information posted on the IMLS Twitter feed is not official policy of IMLS and does not grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at IMLS. For contact information at IMLS, please visit www.imls.gov.