Public Libraries in the United States Survey: Fiscal Year 2010
The 78 supplemental tables below provide data from the Public Library Survey.
- Tables 1 through 1B provide the number of public libraries and population of legal service areas by state
- Tables 2 through 31 are in sets of two each.
- The base table in each set displays data for the nation as a whole and for each of the 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- The "A" table in each set displays the same data by 11 ranges of population of legal service area
- Tables 30 through 33 include data about square footage.
- Tables 34 through 46 are state rankings on key variables.
List of Tables
Number and Percentage of Libraries by Select Characteristics
Tables 1-7A (PDF; 1.26MB)
Public Library Services and Resources
Tables 8-16A (PDF; 1.43MB
Public Library Staffing
Tables 17-18A (PDF; 463KB)
Public Library Revenue and Expenses
Tables 19 - 29A (PDF; 1.66MB)
Size of Public Libraries
Table 30- 33 (PDF; 832KB)
State Ranking Tables
Tables 34 - 46 (PDF; 705KB)