You are here
Welcome to IMLS
Congratulations on your new appointment and welcome to the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS or the Institute). We're excited to have you join our team.
IMLS has an important mission: to support museum and library services as essential components of the Nation's education and information infrastructure. The IMLS staff look forward to meeting you.
Preparing for Your First Day of Work
There are a couple of things you can do to help make your first day go smoothly.
1) For information about the IMLS location, start time, transportation and other logistical information visit Facts for Your First Day of Work.
2) Visit Federal Employee Health Benefits, to learn more about Federal Programs prior to orientation. There are forms you will need to complete to get ready for your first day.
Several of the forms can be filled out on-line, or they may be printed and completed manually. Be aware that the information you enter online will be deleted when you exit the form. Please follow instructions carefully and review each form for accuracy. We recommend that you keep copies of these documents for your records.
Once you are satisfied that all forms are completed correctly, sign and date the forms (if instructed to do so) and bring them to your orientation. We will be happy to answer any questions you have at your orientation session.
The IMLS Designated Agency Ethics Official (DAEO) has provided a message to assist you in understanding the ethical duties and responsibilities that apply to you while you serve as a Federal employee with IMLS. We ask that you review the Standards of Ethical Conduct for Executive Branch Employees (PDF, 337 KB) and contact one of the Institute's Ethics Officers if you have any specific ethics-related issues or concerns.
- Declaration of Federal Employment (PDF, 383 KB)
- I-9 - Employment Eligibility Verification (PDF, 469 KB)
- W-4 (PDF, 109 KB)
- SF1199A - Direct Deposit Sign-Up Form (PDF, 113 KB)
- VA-4 - Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Taxation Personal Exemption Worksheet (PDF, 21 KB)
- 507 - Maryland Witholding Exemption Certificate (PDF, 778 KB)
- D-4 - District of Columbia Employee Withholding Allowance Certificate (PDF, 82 KB)
- Pre-Appointment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration (PDF, 185 KB)
- SF181 Ethnicity and Race Identification (PDF, 65 KB)
- SF256 - Self-Identification of Disability (PDF, 124 KB)
If you have any additional questions or need to know the location of the orientation session, please contact the Human Resources office at 202-653-4673.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for this position will be made solely on the basis of merit without regard to race, gender, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, non-disqualifying handicap conditions, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or any other non-merit factors.