Alele Museum, Library and National Archives
Post Office Box 629
Majuro, MH 96960
The Grants to States Program
The Grants to States Program is the largest grant program run by IMLS; it provides funds to State Library Administrative Agencies (SLAAs) using a population-based formula set by the law. SLAAs determine goals and objectives for the funds in their statutorily required five-year plan (see below). For more information, see the Grants to States program overview.
5 Year Plan
5 Year Evaluations
At the end of a 5-year period, each state reports their results in achieving goals and objectives projected in their 5-Year Plan. View all states' evaluations.
Review recent Grants to States projects from this state library in the State Program Report database.
Five-Year Plan Highlights
Goal 1: Enhance our library book collections
- Book acquisitions
- Collection development on pertinent topics
Goal 2: Advancement in technology use
- Computer and Internet access
- Computer literacy training for patrons
- Upgrade of electronic cataloguing and book check-out system
Goal 3: Provide access to information and research resources for users
- Digitization of video, photographic, and paper document collections
- Online access to digitized materials
Goal 4: Improve the library, museum, and archival employee capacity
- Training opportunities for library personnel
Goal 5: Provide professional, economic, and employment development for users and the public
- Enhanced computer literacy skills and employment opportunities
- Youth Smart program participation
IMLS Data Collection
State Library Administrative Agency Survey
The State Library Administrative Agency Survey (SLAA) provides descriptive data about state library agencies for all fifty states and the District of Columbia.
Public Libraries Survey
The Public Libraries Survey (PLS) provides national descriptive data on the status of public libraries in the United States and its territories. Explore state profiles representing more than 9,000 public library systems and over 17,000 public library outlets.