You are here
Museums for All
Museums for All is a cooperative initiative between IMLS and the Association of Children’s Museums to offer a signature access program that encourages families of all backgrounds to visit museums regularly and build lifelong museum habits.
Any museum that adheres to the following guidelines can be a Museums for All museum:
- Offer individual admission fees ranging from free to $3.00 (USD) to individuals and families presenting an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card, and a valid form of photo ID. Museums for All admission rates must be offered for up to four individuals per EBT card. This admission rate must be available during all normal operating hours.
- Clearly publicize participation in Museums for All by posting information about access on their websites and other collateral.
- Use the approved Museums for All PR toolkit resources for branding of the program in all communications.
- Train sales and front line staff appropriately to ensure good customer service to individuals and families seeking to take advantage of the Museums for All program.
- Regularly report the number of visitors who utilize Museums for All admission.