FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IMLS Press Contact
Giuliana Bullard, firstname.lastname@example.org (link sends e-mail)
Washington, DC—The Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) is now accepting museum grant program applications. The application deadline for each of these programs is December 1, 2015.
For more information about notices of funding opportunities, including instructions for completing applications, contacts, and webinar access information, click on any of the following links.
- Sparks! Ignition Grants for Museums
- Museums for America
- National Leadership Grants for Museums
- Museum Grants for African American History and Culture
- Native American/Native Hawaiian Museum Services Program
IMLS staff members are available by phone and email to discuss general issues relating to these funding programs. See links above for contacts and phone numbers.
Webinars with Program Staff
A pre-recorded webinar detailing important information about museum funding opportunities is accessible online.
Potential grant applicants are also invited to participate in one or more of the live pre-application webinars listed below. Click here for instructions on how to join the webinars.
- Sparks! Ignition Grants for Museums: Tuesday, October 13, 3:30 p.m. EDT
- Museums for America: Thursday, October 15, 3:30 p.m. EDT
- National Leadership Grants for Museums: Wednesday, October 21, 2 p.m. EDT
- Museum Grants for African American History and Culture: Thursday, October 22, 2 p.m. EDT
- Native American/Native Hawaiian Museum Services: Tuesday, October 27, 3 p.m. ED
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation’s 123,000 libraries and 35,000 museums. Our mission is to inspire libraries and museums to advance innovation, lifelong learning, and cultural and civic engagement. Our grant making, policy development, and research help libraries and museums deliver valuable services that make it possible for communities and individuals to thrive. To learn more, visit www.imls.gov and follow us on Facebook and Twitter.