FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
IMLS Press Contact
Giuliana Bullard firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, DC—Because of the government shutdown, IMLS has rescheduled five live webinars for people considering applying for IMLS grants and extended the deadline for its National Medal for Museum and Library Service. The new National Medal nomination deadline is October 31, 2013.
Potential grant applicants who are interested in learning more about IMLS grant programs are invited to participate in free, live pre-application webinars to ask questions and listen to the questions and comments of other webinar participants. The new webinar schedule is:
- Museum Grants for African American History and Culture: Monday, October 28, at 2pm ET
- Museums for America: Friday, November 1, at 2pm ET
- National Leadership Grants for Museums: Tuesday, October 29, at 2pm ET
- Native American/Native Hawaiian Museum Services: Thursday, October 31, at 3pm ET
- Sparks! Ignition Grants for Museums: Wednesday, October 30, at 3:30pm ET
In addition, potential grant applicants may view a pre-recorded webinar detailing important information about IMLS funding opportunities. It is available here.
About the Institute of Museum and Library Services
The Institute of Museum and Library Services is the primary source of federal support for the nation’s 123,000 libraries and 17,500 museums. Through grant making, policy development, and research, we help communities and individuals thrive through broad public access to knowledge, cultural heritage, and lifelong learning. To learn more about IMLS, please visit www.imls.gov.