Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12
In compliance with Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), signed by President Bush on August 27, 2004, the Institute for Museum and Library Services began implementing the HSPD-12 program department-wide on October 1, 2007.
In accordance with this directive the issuance of Federal ID credentials will change significantly. Our Role Administrators have completed the necessary training and are now ready to initiate the HSPD-12 process. The Role Administrators for IMLS are comprised of personnel from the Office of Human Resources (HR), Equal Employment Office (EEO), and the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Our new requirements are comprised of the following:
- All employees must complete a favorable background investigation, including a FBI fingerprint check; for the majority of our staff, this will mean a National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI)
- All employees must present two forms of identification to validate their identity
- There must be a separation of duties for each Role Administrator
The HSPD-12 credentials are also referred to as the Personnel Identity Verification (PIV) cards. Individuals applying for a PIV card will be referred to as applicants. The agency sponsor, located in HR, will authorize the issuance of the cards; others including adjudicator and role administrator will serve in additional roles. IMLS will use the TimeTrade portal to schedule appointments for ID cards. The GSA facility will create the new PIV credentials.
This new program will mean our employees will have to adjust to significant changes throughout IMLS and the Federal Government; it is our hope that it means a safer and more secure work environment.
You can find the statistics reported by GSA by selecting IMLS in the drop down. View the IMLS HSPD-12 quarterly implementation statistics (PDF, 26 KB).
Annual Employee Survey Results
- View 2016 Survey Results (PDF, 1 MB)
- VIew 2015 Survey Results (PDF, 107 KB)
- View 2014 Survey Results (PDF, 33 KB)
- View 2013 Survey Results (PDF, 186 KB)
- View 2012 Survey Results (PDF, 509 KB)
- View 2011 Survey Results (PDF, 549 KB)
- View 2010 Survey Results (PDF, 178 KB)
Some documents on this page require the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to view.