IMLS Director Crosby Kemper honored the 2022 National Medal for Museum and Library Service recipients during a one-hour virtual ceremony. The six recipients represent institutions that provide dynamic programming and services that exceed expected levels of service. Through their community outreach, these institutions bring about change that touches the lives of individuals and helps communities thrive.
The 2022 National Medal recipients are:
- The Amistad Research Center (New Orleans, LA)
- St. Louis County Library (St. Louis, MO)
- Wilmington Institute Free Library (Wilmington, DE)
- Asheville Art Museum (Asheville, NC)
- Burke Museum of Natural History and Culture (Seattle, WA)
- Oakland Museum of California (Oakland, CA)
Learn more about these amazing museums and libraries from their staff and the community members who engage with them, through the Share Your Story social media campaign on Facebook and Twitter using the hashtag #IMLSMedals.
National Medal for Museum and Library Service